Pages

12/31/2010

The one thing I had to splurge on right now

The only thing that the new truck was lacking was a functional way to play music--and music is the only way I can a drive of any significant length (and you may have noticed that I like music a lot).  So Yesterday I bought a new stereo off of crutchfield.com. It turns out that a new stereo requires about $45 worth of extra stuff on top of the price of the thing itself, and Crutchfield includes all of that stuff free if your stereo is over $130.  Assuming it all comes in in one piece, we'll see how easy it is to install...

The one thing that I don't like about these things is that they all look the same.  A big knob and some buttons along the bottom, with bright LED lights.  I miss the stock stereo from my jeep already, what with its manual equalizer and big buttons.  What ever happened to manual controls?  Every thing is so digital these days...

And I just reminded myself of a song:




Every band should have a saxophone player in it...

No comments: