Pages

12/24/2010

Upgrade!

Yes!  I just splurged on a couple .50 caliber ammo cans to replace my duct tape reinforced, water disintegrated, and now glass filled cardboard box that previously had all of my ammo in it.  One whole can got .22 (about 4200 rounds!), and the other assorted stuff went into another.


It's so novel to have ammunition actually in containers designed for it, and it will sure be easier to carry around as there are now handles.

I know it's a small collection, compared to some, but it is what I have.

5 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Cabela's dry boxes make for pretty handy ragne boxes as well. You get them free if you order enough ammo.

I think the UPS guy worries about me...

bluesun said...

I kinda like the metal ones. No worrying about the contents flying through the air and landing in a snowbank... of course, they'll go right through a car window...

Borepatch said...

Merry Christmas, Bluesun. I hope Santa leaves some actual .50 BMG in your stocking!

doubletrouble said...

Lookin' sharp.
Merry Christmas to you & the family, lad.

Linoge said...

Ammo cans do exactly what they are designed to do quite well... and they beat the pants off cardboard boxes :). Scounging around, you can find them pretty cheap too.