Pages

12/07/2010

Yet another reason Concealed Weapons Permits are dumb

In addition to being unconstitutional, expensive, and a hassle, here is another reason concealed weapons permits piss me off.

'Long-term' Employee Responsible for Mesa County Data Breach
Law Enforcement Files, Personal Information Released On The Internet

Assuming that the county sheriff is competent and secure is no replacement for a county sheriff who is competent and secure.

And in case you are wondering, yes, that is my home county, yes, I do have a concealed handgun permit, and yes, I am calling the credit bureaus to report possible fraud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! MU had a similar issue a few years ago, my SS# and employee was on a site that was breached. Didn't involved my CCW but still hacked me off that my own employer let it happen. I've subscribed to Equifax ever since. Haven't had any issues but it makes me feel better to know if someone is trying to use my info.