Pages

12/14/2010

Picture Poetry

I was sick of sitting at my computer on Saturday, and had to get out of my apartment. Up into the hills I went, with intentions of trying out my new gaiters, and I brought some 9mm in case I was attacked by killer targets. But while I was up there, I decided to make a little fire.




I'm sure that there's some sort of metaphor of life in there.  Call it picture poetry.  I'm sure there are others who can say things better, more eloquently, even with words rather than pictures, but hiking up into the hills and making a fire really helped me feel better that day.

Oh, and the targets (in this case, sticks stuck into the snow) were pushed back and the gaiters were the best $25 I've spent in a long while.

5 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Just don't build your fire under a pine:

http://www.jacklondons.net/buildafire.html

One of my favorite short stories.

bluesun said...

Don't worry! There was no snow above me, and even if there was I was but a short ten minute hike from civilization. (By the way, isn't it amazing how an hour and a half uphill is only ten minutes downhill?)

Anonymous said...

Wait...I thought the old story goes "I had to hike uphill both ways"!!

bluesun said...

I'm not that old yet!

doubletrouble said...

The fire thing is weird, it is.

It's amazing how getting out there & "roughing it" for an hour or so can revitalize the internal batteries, or sharpen the senses, or something.