Pages

12/19/2010

Nothing ever goes according to plan...

Can't believe it--after 4 1/2 years of driving that stupid stretch of interstate, the very last time I have to do it I go and wreck my car. Went off the road just north of Idaho falls, and did a sideways 270.  No damage to me, but the jeep is totaled.  Amazingly enough, not a thing that was packed was damaged.  Not even my box of empty beer bottles.  So I'm a sucky driver but an master car packer...

I stopped for the day at a friend's who lives in Pocatello, to get the adrenaline to bleed out before braving the wild weather any more, and to pick some of the glass out of my ears, hair, clothes, and other random things.  Again, I will say that "safety glass" is a misnomer. Oh, and about that last link--the only thing I could think while waiting for the tow truck was "Dammit, I just replaced that window..."

Stay tuned...

8 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Look, "keep the shiny side up" is a euphemism for “don’t crash”, not a literal command.

It doesn’t mean it’s OK to crash as long as you keep the wheels below the vehicle.

Happy to hear you’re ok…

bluesun said...

Oh, the wheels were definitely not below the vehicle. And just because you give me good advice doesn't mean I take it ( unfortunately).

Linoge said...

Well, crap. Good to hear that you are ok, but racking up the car sucks... Here's to hoping the insurance process is not too painful, and you are able to sort out another way to get home...

bluesun said...

The major hang up currently is the 4-6 inches forecast for soldier pass in ut tomorrow... I got the renal for two days only-so I don't want to dilly dally, but I may have to.

Scott McCray said...

OK, this was not the safe travel I was wishing for you - though I suppose the mercies are that you are ok...take care, man!

DaddyBear said...

That sucks the zub kabir, but I'm glad you came out of it safe. You can replace the jeep. We can't replace you.

Butch Cassidy said...

It would appear that Murphy is alive and well.

On the bright side, you should get more stuff on Christmas to pack into...your..car... I don't think I'm doing this right.

Sorry about your Jeep, but congratulations on making it out okay. Backboards are very, very uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are okay...looks like the bike might not have faired well! Cars can be replaced, people cannot...just glad you are okay.