Pages

2/22/2011

N-n-n-news!

Just sitting here with the tv on, and on the nightly news we have a concerned talking head blabbing on about: Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Wisconsin (and its revolution spreading to other states), cell phones causing brain cancer, and some drivel about Kennedys. I think all we're missing is global climate disruption, or whatever they're calling it these days, and we would've hit all the standard talking points. I wonder why they still call it "news." I call it "mass cultural indoctrination."

2 comments:

doubletrouble said...

"...mass cultural indoctrination."

And you would be correct.

Precisely why we stopped, 16 years ago, watching network news.

It'll rot yer brain, or make you go Elvis on your TV.

bluesun said...

I think this is the first time I've watched anything related to the national nightly news in ten years...