Pages

2/09/2011

Out Foxed

The neighbor called a bit ago and said he saw a fox come across the field and go towards the chicken house. Sure enough, I could hear a big fuss out there, so I loaded up a .22 with some subsonics and went to see what was going on.

From the tracks in the snow, he apparently just wandered around back there and then headed east down the canal bank. Our coop is built like Fort Knox, but I might set up one of the live traps in case he shows up again. 'Course, what do you do with a live fox?

4 comments:

DaddyBear said...

Ettoufe. Possibly jerked fox. If prepared properly by a good taxidermist, it'll make for a really good centerpiece at the family reunion.

Borepatch said...

I'm told that the French have a recipe for fox (Le renard). Because it's French, it's probably good.

Uncle Sam said...

You could always make it a dead fox.

jus' sayin'...

bluesun said...

@ US--

Ah, yes. I was wondering how I was going to make a live fox into jerky...