Pages

2/09/2011

Saved For Posterity: Peanut Butter Barbeque

Didn't have any fresh onions, so I started with some dried onions--maybe two or three tablespoons worth. Soaked them and some garlic powder in a mix of red wine vinegar and red wine. Set it aside for a while.

In a bigger bowl, I mixed together: about two spoonfuls of brown sugar, one spoonful of molasses, one big spoonful of peanut butter (I like the "all natural" stuff because it tastes like peanuts, and not like cornsyrup), two spoonfuls of ketchup, a squirt of hot sauce (I used that red Asian stuff), some chili powder, some black pepper, and some salt. I added the soaked onion concoction and mixed it all together.

This went on some pork ribs that were cooked in the crockpot. But I'm sure it would be good on many other things.

If I had some fresh onions I would have grated half of one on a cheese grater and doubled the rest of the ingredients. And perhaps used tomato paste instead of the ketchup.

Good stuff, that.

No comments: