Pages

3/03/2011

Little known fact about me: PART DEUX (Update: MEME TIME!!)

The sequel to this one.

In high school, one of my fellow students was named Robert Ross, but he went by the name of Bob.  I was in a couple of art classes with him, and I got higher grades than him (he was a borderline goth/punk type kid, and didn't really care for an education).  We still had fun, though, and now today, I can say that I got higher grades in art class than Bob Ross.


Now you know.

Added:  And I suppose that I should mention that ASM826 named me a Stylish Blogger.  It goes right along with this post.


It's a meme going around.  Along with this meme I am supposed to say seven things that you may not know about me, and then pass it on to some other bloggers.  Since I already did one random thing, here's six more:

Out of all of my grandparents, I got stuck with the one name that know one knows any of the family history.  I have a McHenry, a McCollough, a McCory, and something that sounds vaguely eastern European, or bastardized french.  But the other names explain why I like Irish music and sunburn so easy.

All through middle and high school I kept a 55 gallon freshwater aquarium.  When I left for college my parents sold the fish and bought a pellet stove to go where it used to be.  Now the aquarium sits up in my room awaiting the future...

I still have, and use, the Swiss Army Knife my dad bought me when I started going to Cub Scouts.  It's a Tinker, and it's missing the toothpick.

Speaking of that, in the third grade I did Scouts, Children's Choir, Church Choir, Little League, chess club, Battle of the Books, and something else that I can't remember right now.  I was so sick and tired of doing extra-curricular activities that I really stopped doing anything.  I blame that year for my general homebody-ness. 

And speaking of Battle of the Books, in fourth grade I maxed out the standardized reading comprehension test, which said that I read at the level of a 21 year old.

I have only gone to a real shooting range once in my life.

Now my "Pass it on" list.  I may not go up to 15, like the rules say I need to, but I'm going to try to put in some thought to it.

First I should definitely list The Runt Compound.  Butch Cassidy there writes about mead, guns, and weird music, three things which are right up my alley, and I sometimes feel like I'm the only person on the internet who knows about him.

Second, Defends Her Own, put on by mupedalpusher.  She's got guns, outdoors stuff, and things about stupid gun control rules.

Next would be Excels at Nothing, with NancyR, who has been doing this blogging thing almost as long as me and was in the same "MArooned Blogroll Update", way back when.  I think Jay nominated her for this meme first, but there's no rule that says I can't do it too...

I'm going to add A Trainwreck in Maxwell, because KurtP has a style all of his own...

The last one I'm going to add is Into the Light, by Stephen.  He stopped posting for the longest time, but I always liked his food and pictures.  Just recently he's been putting up a few more pictures, which I'm grateful for.

Sorry if I didn't go all the way up to 15, but there's some chores that need done, here and I need to get going.  Check out these stylish blogs, though!

2 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Thanks, but I'm not sure "gibbering baboon" is a style I can be rewarded for.

About aquariums: For the longest time growing up, my grandmother ran a pet shop/aquarium out of her house. I still miss it.

bluesun said...

FYI to all you internet trolls out there: I removed the bob ross picture in the hopes that you would leave me alone here. KTHNKXBYBY