Pages

6/28/2011

Took a left turn at Albuquerque

Let me be clear: I am entirely Public School educated, white, upper-lower-middle class family, 23 years old, and I scored 32/33 on this Civic Literacy Exam that Spikessib found. I quote from the website:
"The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%."
and
"Of the 2,508 People surveyed, 164 say they have held an elected government office at least once in their life. Their average score on the civic literacy test is 44%, compared to 49% for those who have not held an elected office."
I'm from the demographic that is supposed to be dumb--obsessed with sex and football, yet I got a higher score than college professors and elected officials?

I was just reading about Vernor Vinge's doom and gloom prediction of "Technological Singularity," but really, I'm doubting we're ever going to get that far.

1 comment:

Southern Belle said...

I got 81% Which isn't bad, however, there were a few questions regarding economics that I didn't get right. Economics was never my strong suit.

All the constitutional and history type questions, I got correct.