Pages

6/17/2011

A year ago last night

The neighbors (who are now forever know by me as "The Crazy Neighbors," but that's another story) house was burnt down a year ago last night. They've finally started working on a new house (it's even got a roof, now, though no shingles).  And then, last night, some maroon went and parked across the road right about the time I was going to bed, and stayed there for half an hour.  Probable some kids getting their kicks on marijuana (as we saw what looked like match flares and such), but it was still kinda, "Oh great, not again."  One thing's for sure--having your neighbor's house arson'd away makes you pay better attention to things like that.  And even though I had already started the process to get my CHP by then (actually, I took my class only a couple days before the fire), let's just say that I was that much more anxious to get the stupid little card that says I can carry a firearm in my pocket.

5 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Sounds like a perfect excuse to get your mother to approve a swivel gun or two (or a battery of) on the front railing:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_106_665&products_id=1686

Remind me to tell the story of the field-gun I missed out on due to an idiot friend someday.

NotClauswitz said...

Crap like that anymore, I call the cops on a suspicious person. We have enough of the wrong people and non-residents cutting through our property, weirdos parking should just keep moving to talk to Officer Friendly...

NotClauswitz said...

Or talk (not to). :-)

doubletrouble said...

In your pocket?

Word has it it's much better to stick it in your pants for some of that ballschmutch lube...

bluesun said...

I wouldn't mind having a swivel gun in the front window. Might discourage more rage-y hijinks by the neighbors.

We almost called the cops, but ultimately didn't because I was lazy and tired and wanted to go to bed.

I really really prefer pocket carry with a nice pocket holster. No stink necessary...