Pages

10/07/2011

And as a side effect of cold weather...

I am now wearing long pants and a hoodie, which means... I am also wearing my XD on my belt! It's the cold-weather gun upgrade! While some would argue that if all you are willing to bring with you is a pocket gun for the entire summer because of how hot and sweaty a conventional holster gets on your side, then you aren't willing to take your safety seriously, I challenge those people to do so in a building without air conditioning when it's 90° inside...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrying anything is better than carrying nothing!

Butch Cassidy said...

I have always been a member of the "bite me, triple-digit heat" club in that I always wear a button-up shirt. t-shirts feel sticky and nasty, but adding the second shirt makes me more comfortable. People have always found it odd, but it made life easy when I started to carry. My G23 is rarely off my hip because I had to change nothing to put it there.

I've got a friend with a nice Kimber Ultra-Carry but can only be counted on to have his NAA mini in his pocket on the average day. Considering five rounds of 22 lr dumped into almost anyone's belly would certainly end them, I don't think he is under-armed.

bluesun said...

That's how I do it as well, but the extra leather and metal is just a big sweaty spot that I don't want to deal with.