Pages

10/06/2011

To deal with cold weather, add hot sauce

So remember all those peppers I picked? Well, they were cooked down and run through the food processor, then set on the counter to ferment. They now like this, a loverly spicy baby puke color:


Everything has started bubbling, and the house smells like hot sauce.  It tastes like sweeter sriracha with more of a kick--pretty darn good.  And just the thing for a day like today, since coming home from work this afternoon it was colder than when I left at 7:30 this morning, and the Mesa has seemed to have turned white...

Anyway, I think I'm going to let it ferment a couple more days, then cook it again to kill off the bugs before canning it.  And we still need to do something with all the jalapenos.

2 comments:

kx59 said...

baby puke...
you have the most unusual culinary descriptions. I suggest an actual marketing department when you decide to actually go to market. ;-)
poorly written levity aside, I like hot peppers, but they tend to make me sweat, which is not a good thing in actual cold weather. Fortunately, we don't have much of that down here.

bluesun said...

I calls 'em likes I sees 'em.