Pages

8/04/2011

Books of 2011: 1636 The Saxony Uprising

I didn't want to read this book. After the last one, which really made me angry, I was going to stop wasting my time with this endless and frustrating series. But my mother checked it out from the library, and since it was just sitting there...

Anyway, it was much better than 1635 The Eastern Front, mainly because [SPOILER ALERT!} someone finally shoots Axel Oxenstierna. It wasn't such a hanging ending as the last one, which was nice. I still am not going to go out of my way to read any more of them, though--I feel like I have been abandoned as a casual reader who doesn't participate in the online/short story aspect of the Ring of Fire universe. Everything about it is becoming a TL:DR situation. I want some resolution, dagnabit!

I award it 8/10, for being better than the last one.

No comments: