Pages

8/12/2011

Hitting the Road (Hopefully) (Not Literally)

 I'm hopefully about to head up to Montana, here, assuming I'm not stopped by my heel (after I took that picture it swelled up and turned a nice, tender, red, then oozed a little pus, but this morning it feels pretty good).  But, before I go, I have a question to ask you, the reader (or you, the googlebot, who I think visits more often, actually).

On a week-long visit to the cold north, is it possible to be too prepared?  I think it is.  For example, I'm not packing my passport.  In the five years I lived in MT, I never once made it past the border, so I think that bringing it along would just be a good way to misplace it.  On the other hand, I am bringing 4 guns and at least 1000 rounds of 9mm, and I hear that invading armies don't usually bother with the niceties of border stations...

1 comment:

Nancy R. said...

If I had to choose between the passport and the guns & ammo, I wouldn't be picking the passport.