Pages

8/02/2011

A Random Question

So I was wondering--all you random people from the internet who happen to stumble upon this post, how many of you subscribe to a magazine (or magazines) of some sort, and what kind?  The only one that I subscribe to is the Smithsonian's Air and Space Magazine, because I am an airplane geek. I've been reading it since I was in elementary school.  I used to get Warbirds Magazine, too, but after I went away to college I found that I wasn't reading it enough to justify the cost.

My grandpa subscribes to National Geographic, which in my opinion has really dropped off in the quality department--I don't know how they can slip in global warming to every article, no matter the subject matter, but they sure do.  I like the pictures, but really the only thing it's good for anymore is that yellow ring makes a mighty fine target.

Anyway, that's my random question of the day.

8 comments:

Alan said...

The three month plus publishing cycle is too long in the Internet age. Dead tree magazines are disappearing just like dead tree newspapers are.

I don't subscribe to any.

kx59 said...

I don't subscribe to any, either.
I get one as the result of a professional association membership, but after a quick thumb-through, it ends up in the trash.

Butch Cassidy said...

I debate signing up for Whisky Mag but I fear it will be like Cigar Afficianado: Old rich person magazine about golf and yachts that once in a while talks about he subject on he cover.

Anyway, none for now.

Weer'd Beard said...

The car mags keep sending me $8 annual subscriptions, its worth that for me, even when I let them pile up and toss a fistfull of them in the recycling bin. I also get Entertainment weekly because I don't watch TV of any sort, it helps me see what movies are being made, what movies are out, and "reviews" (tho quotes because their reviews are about as trustworthy as gun mag reviews for that latest Taurus Revolver that's just peachy!)

I get the National rifleman, as well as the newsletter from a few other 2A groups I'm members with.

Also Popular Science and Mechanics.

They send their mags to me for cheap, who am I to refuse?

Used to have a WHOLE lot more back when I shipped out, where I'd cram my sea bag full of them, and flick them over the rail as I finished them...

bluesun said...

Hard to go wrong for $8. Now tossing them as skeet sounds like a good idea...

Nancy R. said...

Garden & Gun.

bluesun said...

Now that sounds like my kind of magazine.

Nancy R. said...

It's sort of like "The New Yorker" but for Southerners. A great "coffee table" magazine with good writing, beautiful photography and ads for things I can't afford. But a girl can dream, can't she? *grin*