Pages

8/08/2011

Current Events/Future Events

WizardPC sums up the whole debt "crises" thing (with links! and l33t! you should read it!)

You know, a lot of the "conservative" pundits I've been reading have been guardedly optimistic of the plan--it may not be as much as we need but it's going in the right direction, or somesuch.  I guess I can see where they're coming from, but considering the whole proposal is, um, lacking somewhat in specifics, I don't really see what there is to be optimistic about.  Saying "We'll cut spending!" is not quite the same as, y'know, CUTTING SPENDING.

Speaking of spending, the ranch supply store had .22 on sale, so I bought another bulk pack.  Lead and brass are probably the safest investment you can make right now.  I've been killing coons, but so far we haven't had to try eating them. I don't doubt it's going to come to that, though.  Let's see: we've got the whole drug war/prohibition thing going on, now we just need another ten years of "great recession" (*gag*) and eating rock soup until a good world war can get our military industrial complex running enough that nothing our politicians do will drag down the economy (while the war goes on, at least)! 

LET THE CYCLE TURN!

No comments: