Pages

8/01/2011

Oh good, my skeleton is still inside my skin

So I'm just sitting here, blogging away (104 unread blog posts in Google Reader?  You people are killing me!), when suddenly a flash and a bang make me try to jump out of my skin.  Then the heavens opened and let loose the rains of war, or something, just like it always does in the cartoons (Lighting, Thunder, Rain, in that order, and that quickly).

I don't think I'm going to get to bed as long as my heart keeps beating this fast.  That was L-O-U-D...

2 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

That happened once when I was about seven and watching the X-files with my mom. I jumped across the living room and slid under the coffee for cover. And then I realized it was just lightning. For some reason, I ended up staying under the table and watching the rest of the episode from there.

It rained pretty hard until sometime after I went to bed.

Butch Cassidy said...

Bugger...Table, coffee table. Time for sleep.