Pages

8/13/2011

On my person

Never really done one of those "what's in his pocketses, precious?" posts, so I thought I'd throw one up this morning.


That is everything I had on my person yesterday as I drove.  Kershaw pocket knife, 642, XD9 (I had both on because I was really worried about encountering terrible riots amongst those thuggish young Mormons in UT and ID), keys on belt hanger thingy, hackey sack (never know), Swiss army watch, 8gb flash drive, leatherman, crumpled receipt, little composition notebook, what is that--about 8 cents, a bandaid, wallet, chapstick, speedstrip, beltman belt, earplugs, rubber bands, lighter, matches in waterproof container (went through the wash once so I know it's waterproof), vaseline in a little tube thing, dental floss, the little pouch I made to keep random stuff in, cell phone, and a OD bandanna.  All in some cargo shorts.  I should have also included my sunglasses, but I left them out in the truck.

Pretty sure you could pick any half of those things and I'd still be on some sort of FBI watch list.

And I was able to sit comfortably all day in a vehicle going about 75 mph (except for the section of interstate in ID where there was a wreck involving a semi truck hauling propane and they closed all lanes and routed traffic onto little country back roads and then a bus stalled out on a hill and turned that into a 1-lane situation.  And speaking of that, what do you make out of this sign I saw on the backroads of Idaho: 


"Deaf Person Area"? That's great! Ummm... what am I supposed to do with this information?  But I digress).

So now the trick is going to be trying to get all that into some "nice" khaki pants that don't have cargo pockets (I don't understand how they can be nice pants when they don't have cargo pockets) and a tucked in shirt for the wedding this afternoon.  I may have to forgo the XD and some other little things.  But we're in MT, and the happy couple had a picture of them on a dirt bike posed with their pistols for the wedding invitation, so there will probably be backup if the riots start in backcountry MT. 

So, off I go!

6 comments:

kx59 said...

looks more like you need a tool belt to me. That is a lot of stuff to haul around in your britches.

bluesun said...

Thus, the sturdy belt.

NotClauswitz said...

Does that mean honking your horn at a slow driver doesn't help? Here in CA if you got five cars stacked-up behind you you're supposed to pull over to let 'em by...

Butch Cassidy said...

How do you like the watch? My still-new wristwatch just failed me and I am in the market for a replacement analog.

BobG said...

Looks like a fraction of the shit I end up hauling around. I tend to wear a photographer's vest quite a bit, and it seems like it is always full of stuff that, for one reason or another, I end up tucking away in a pocket.

bluesun said...

Butch, I like the watch a lot. It's tiny, which is essential for my twig-like wrists, but solid. It has three features: tells time, has a date window, and glow in the dark numbers and hands. I got it mucho on sale... I think the list price was 150 bucks and I got it for a third of that.