Pages

1/27/2012

I don't care.

So apparently there's another group of crazy idiots who are going to boycott some coffee shop on valentines day, or thereabouts.  And there's some sort of counter movement going on in the gunblogs that will inevitably dwarf whatever feeble effort the three (or is it 14 million? Those anti-rights cultists can never seem to count...) people in Sheboygan paying attention to the National Counsel of Gun... Violence... Appreciation... Councilors (or whatever their flavor of the month is--good golly but those anti-rights cultists come up with some duuuh-uuuhmb names) twitter feed. 

I'm getting tired of this stuff.  I don't like coffee.  I don't like the chi-chi hipster atmosphere of coffee shops.  I don't even like the overpriced pastries they sell. In fact, it could be said that my entire life has been one long boycott of Starbucks et al.  I hate to say (write, whatever) this out loud, but I Don't Care.  Let it be put on the record that while I believe that this is a good cause, I also believe that no one is listening to the anti-gun groups, and so this is just an excuse to buy coffee. 

And I'd rather spend my money on ammo.  Harumph.

3 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Harumph! Harum... I didn't get a harumph out of that guy!

I have personal issues with Starbucks and am not going to toss them money just to make a point with a pack of howling nags. That having been said, my local coffee shop make delightful breakfast sandwiches on fresh-made bagels, decent French roast on tap (just about the only coffee I will drink on occasion), and don't blink an eye when I stumble in from a three day trek in the deepest woods we have in the area, covered in nature, Ka-Bar dangling below my Glock to have my first taste of civilization. I'll keep giving them my money.

Crap, now I have a craving for sausage, egg, and cheese on an egg bagel...

bluesun said...

Now I have a craving for sausage, egg, and cheese on an egg bagel...

kx59 said...

"Harumph! Harum... I didn't get a harumph out of that guy!" That made me laugh. Mel Brookes reference...
I don't buy any of the chi chi coffee. Horribly overpriced, and frankly I associate it with urban street rats, a.k.a. occupiers.
I've been drinking coffee since I was 13. If you can't make your own decent cup of coffee at home, you are doing it wrong.