Pages

1/15/2012

Spent the Day Cooking...

6:30 AM--Got up
8:00-9:30 AM--At church
9:45 AM--Started cooking
4:00 PM--Finished cooking

That's not counting the 4 or 5 hours we did yesterday...

There is now enough food in this house to make the Department of Homeland Security absolutely crap their pants. Heck, for most of the day there was 7 days worth of food in one corner of the kitchen counter!






So the freezer's full, and to cap it off I attempted to make no-knead sourdough again.



I think my yeast may have died off too much between now and the last time I tried it.  I resurrected the dough at the last minute by mixing in some baking soda--it's still pretty dense, but sure tastes good with butter on top...

Added: and now I'm sitting here enjoying a nice rum and coke.  Good day.

6 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

And you call us New Englanders odd...

bluesun said...

You mean... you aren't?

Stephen said...

I find you quite normal...at least you can cook...

Butch Cassidy said...

Well...A friend and I did just have an altercation with a partially inebriated father holding his three year-old son.

I still maintain that a month's cooking in two days takes a delightfully deranged person. Speaking of, try making hearth bread, or Irish soda bread. They go oh-so-well with butter.

Anonymous said...

I meant to do that today but didn't get around to it, probably tomorrow since I'm off for the holiday (unless you want to come here and do it for me)!

bluesun said...

Stephen, I suggest that if you can find another person as young as me with a Concealed Handgun Permit and a desire to cook this much at once, I will accept your definition of normal!

Butch, I could swear I had a post from way back when (when I was in Montana, must have been early 2010) where I had my soda bread, but I can't find it now. Mayhaps I should go that route next time to switch it up.

Pam, I would bet there in a jiffy, except they're saying it's supposed to snow, at least on the passes, tonight and tomorrow... don't think I want to risk it.