Pages

1/21/2012

Notes of Randomnosity

Quiche for supper tonight; egg, ham, spinach, cheese... yummy.

It's trying to decide if it wants to start snowing or raining outside; the mountains look like they're getting pounded in any case.

My uncle the mechanic left today with his girlfriend for Belize; he goes every winter, and someday I'll go too, dagnabbit. For now we are left babysitting his dog and his car (a ridiculously silly cardigan welsh corgi, and a classic BMW, respectively)

My rich uncle and his partner just called; they just bought (holy cow, how many hundred?!?!?) acres of land in upstate New York, in the middle of nowhere as a "retirement property." My first thought was "why did it have to be in New York?  I coulda snuck out there and built a shooting range if it were anywhere else..."

The cat disappeared yesterday, in between when we left for the concert and when we got back.  Haven't seen hide nor hair of him, though the cat food in the bowl was gone this morning.  I don't know if that means he came back, or if it means the [insert boogie monster here] ate him and then came back for his food...  needless to say there are a ton of raccoon signs out there, I think it may be time to renew my crusade against them.  It's just such a pain digging all those holes... I'm leaning towards pikes lining the canal bank...

6 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Hope the l'il Fractal is OK.

Ruth said...

Hope kitty's ok.

Damn, NY huh? Wanna introduce us so I can go shooting? Just kidding, but I will say that there is some really pretty land out here.

bluesun said...

Hope he's ok, too. Don't know if there's anything else that you can do, y'know?

I have nothing against the terrain of NY, but then there's that city, and the taxes, and hit and miss gun laws...

Ruth said...

Oh I understood, I really do

Nancy R. said...

I'd go with the pikes. Let them serve as a warning to others ...

Hope kitty comes home soon with a necklace of racoon teeth around his neck.

bluesun said...

The worry there is that he still was only 6 pounds or so.

But we had a cat years ago who disappeared for a week before we saw her again. Just hard to say with cats.